Friday, May 2, 2008

My Life As Elegyrl

Ok so I am new to this blogging thing. The blog I have on myspace consists mainly of some of my poetry work. So I am not really sure what to write on here but oddly enough I was (ok so you may not want to know this part) going to the bathroom and was thinking about WHO I AM... and I guess partly because of the Relief Society lesson I am co-teaching on Sun (about individual worth) and I was thinking of some things about me. I was oddly enough thinking "I should put this in my journal or a blog or something". So here I am. I probably later will wish I had put it in a journal so less people can see it but whatever! I had thought to myself briefly that I could just go back to bed since it is like 4:45 in the morning and then I could write it later and I figured I would probably not forget "who I am" but I knew that I might forget some of the things I wanted to say about who I am. If that makes any sense at all!
So I was thinking that since I became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints I have come to really learn who I am. I now know that I am a daughter of God. That in an eternal sense I am a princess! What a blessing that is to know! I can inherit eternal blessings from this knowledge! But than I was thinking of me today. In a non-eternal sense. WHo I am. I am a karaoke singer who wont go to ward choir. I am a DIsneyland freak who probably doesnt spend enough time at home. I am an EMT who feels like she can't help people she loves the most. I am a wanna-be pianist who can't clap my hands in rythem for eighth and quarter notes! It really doesn't all make sense to me! I am the girl who wonders how many great opportunities I missed out on because I was afraid of wetting the bed so I wouldnt go to sleep-overs! I am a girl who loves to fish and hike and be in nature but is allergic to a lot of pollens in the air! I enjoy working on my car but have never taken a course to learn how to help myself in that aspect! I am a girl who needs to lose weight but is scared of how it may affect things in my life. So now at nearly 5 am I am wondering still "who am I?"
Well I am out of thoughts. I know that there is more to who I am and I still know that I am a princess :) that wont ever change. But I don't think I share that side of me often enough. At the risk of sounding egotistical I feel kinda humble in that sense. I really truely know I am a daughter of God and I don't think I give myself enough credit for that sometimes! I think I sometimes let life get the best of me and it causes me to lose myself. To forget the eternal value of my soul! But I am working on that. I really have lately started to love myself more and I know that is a huge start. I still have some self-esteem issues but I am learning not to judge who I am based on my outward appearance. I have learned that when I focus on who I am eternally everything else fades away. I can love myself more and by so doing am a much happier person and I know that is really "who I am!"

2 comments:

  1. Elegyrl, that was a beautiful first post. Here's who I see who you are too:

    -An incredibly kind person who always thinks the best of people.
    -A funny person who likes to laugh, even at herself.
    -The life of the party in most instances.
    -A great example to others.
    -A very spiritual person with a sincere and strong testimony.
    -A generous person who shares of herself and gives without asking in return.
    -A generous person who loves to help others, whether stranger or not.
    -A great daughter and sister and aunt and coworker and friend.
    -A constant positive influence for good.
    -A clever person who figures out tricky riddles.
    -A smart person who sees an easier solution.
    -A sneaky person who knows how to avoid accepting gas donations.
    -A strong person who doesn't squeam at the sight of blood.
    -A strong person who can open my water bottle when I can't.
    -My beautiful friend elegyrl!

    That's kind of a small list, but I need to go eat breakfast, so it'll have to do for now.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee , number 2, I love your comment.
    - Renee, you are you!
    You set a wonderful example to everyone and you know how to remind people at the right time to keep it real.
    Your a great sister and friend!
    You are your wonderful-self you!
    And everybody loves it.
    Thanks for always being my awesome twin sista! haha...
    hey, don't ever forget...

    "look there's snow on the mountain!"....lol...

    what would you do without your silly friends? C'mon now.
    Seriously?

    ReplyDelete