Saturday, October 18, 2008

Is it furry in here??



Or is it just me??? Ok so my Oscar the Grouch costume didn't turn out quite like I hoped but it was fun anyway! It was really hot to wear but I got a lot of compliments so it was worth it. Although I was kind of disappointed because they didn't do a costume contest!!! What's up with that?? I have a good feeling I would've won. Oh and incase you didn't know... I am a celebrity! There were some asian girls at the activity (Chinese I think) and they wanted a picture with me! They even did the tourist asian peace sign thing for the picture! :) I think that means I won the non-existant costume contest even though you couldnt tell that my "trash can" was a trash can while I was in the wheelchair, and I made Oscars pet worm Slimey a little too small in proportion to the rest of me. It was fun! I did do a lot of shedding though! I think most people even if they didn't hug me or anything probably went home with a little bit of Oscar! When we were at the fabric store they had a different kind of furry fabric that I liked a lot more than the one I got, and it probably wouldn't have shed but they didn't have any in green :( but it worked out anyway! Well I hope you enjoy the pictures, a lot of people who were there couldn't believe that I made the costume myself (with some help from my Mom and a little bit from my sisters, but mostly I did it) It took about 7 hours just to do the head than there was the "shirt", slimey the worm, the trash can, and my mom made me some booties so that at the bottom of the trash can my feet were covered to look furry as well! It was awesome! It's crazy, I already had blisters on both thumbs from teh wheelchair, but I also burned my left thumb and forefinger with the hot glue so I have lots of band-aid fingers :)

4 comments:

  1. Scram!!!!! That is ugly like it should be.... I absolutely hate (I mean LOVE it) but Oscar would not like me to use the word LOVE... You totally shoulda won the costume contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome. I'll send you an award if you want. :o)

    You know what I'm going to be for Halloween? Neither do I!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats pretty much the awesomest costume ever!!! I LOVE it! And even though Oscar the Grouch wouldn't like the word LOVE, I'm STILL going to use it!!

    Thats FA NOMINAL! That you made it!!! I want to be like you when I grow up...

    LOVE YA!!! And MISS YA!!

    ReplyDelete