Wednesday, January 14, 2009

NO Chaise.....

OK so a couple days ago I had a thought.... (and nope I didn't blow any fuses, before anybody gets any funny ideas to make fun of me) with my upcoming knee surgery I think it would be nice to have a chaise lounge style chair to use post-op. For me with my current knee condition I have a hard time getting comfortable on the couches at home. WHen I have the ACL reconstruction done I will have to basically keep my leg out in front of me constantly and elevate it regularly with ice and stuff. So since i can't get comfortable now on the couches I figured this will be worse after surgery. I knew awhile ago I had seen one at Big Lots (formally known as Pic N Save) that I had really liked and if I had the money then I probably would've bought it (it was $300). KNowing I still can't afford that much money today my friend Ang and I went thrift store shopping in the San Fernando Valley. We probably hit up 8-10 stores which really did a number on my knee (even with the cane) It wore me out too! I was (and still am) super tired!Then after we got back to Simi I went to 2 more thrift stores. I had NO luck finding one! Last night I was online for several hours checking all the websites of stores I thought I might find one in for a reasonable price... I even used the search engine for "cheap chaises" without finding anything. I checked the pennysaver online last night and when I searched for chaise I mostly got ads for diningroom tables!!! Very frustrating! So then tonight I looked again and found 1 for $150, but I don't even know if they still have it, if I will like it and if I really can afford it. I am hoping if it turns out I do like it, maybe if I offer them $100 cash on the spot they will accept it?? We shall see. I did also check many other websites and stores online tonight... everything I am finding is either for outdoor, doesn't look comfortable or usable, or is just way too expensive! I really hope it works out so that I can be comfy!
However tonight after much more unsuccessful chaise searches online I have been considering other possibilities (and searching a few of them too) for instance I was looking at oversized bean bag chairs. But that may pose a problem when it comes to getting up..... My mom said that a toddler bed might be a possibility (we could re-inforce it for my weight) although I think the height of a toddler bed my present a problem for me with getting up or down. But we still have not done any garage sale searching or otherwise. Maybe if I can find a nice futon or something that might be a nice possibility also. If I did find a nice futon it could be double helpful if I have a problem getting onto my high bed :) I don't know like my mom said tonight I don't even have my surgery scheduled so I have a little time, although I don't want to procrastinate! Plus I will likely be taking my EMT recertification course at the end of the month so I can do it before I am unable to walk and so I won't be able to look then and the surgery is likely to be scheduled soon thereafter!

2 comments:

  1. Could you use an ottoman? That way you could still use the couch but have your leg stretched out in front of you, and they're a bit cheaper than chaise longes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you luck finding a chair that will suit you the best and ultimately will not give you any problems. =) Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete