Saturday, August 9, 2008

Ants

I am pretty sure they feel the same way about me, but I pretty much hate ants! I know hate is a strong word, but they are so annoying and it's so frustrating to get rid of them! For some reason every summer they like to bombard my room! Maybe it's because I have pets, or maybe its because my nephew likes to spill stuff in my room, or come in with sticky ice cream fingers or whatever. But it seems that no matter how hard I try they always manage to be in my room! I do my best to not put food trash in my room (i do this all year long) But despite the animosity I do have some tender feelings towards the little guys. I find it pretty fascinating that they follow the scent of the other ants and thats why they all travel the same way. Even if one does a quick shift to the left they all make that same quick shift. So it always makes it interesting when you disrupt that scent. You can place something in the way, or whatever and all of a sudden they all go nuts! They are not sure their way home or where they are! Its pretty crazy! I find it kind of fun sometimes when I find a solitary ant to give him a ride. I like to pretend he is back east somewhere and I give him a taste of "hurricane Renee" I just blow really hard and let him fly! Thats what he gets for wandering away from the trail! I noticed too that its hard to wipe them up without spraying them first because again with the scent thing they all scatter wildly! But at the same time aerosol sprays irrate my respiratory system. I don't have asthma or anything except allergies but aerosols aggravate me so much!! So I don't like to use them.
Well my friend V. manages to always make her blog posts somehow gospel related. She always ties some gospel principle into it and bears her testimony! I love that about her! She is on that straight and narrow path and I think the ants are kind the same way. As long as they have that scent to follow they know where they are going and how to get there. I think we have that too! We have the gospel and we have the scriptures. We know where we are going and we can follow that path to eternal life. But occasionally Satan likes to give us a hurricane. He likes to put something in the path to mess up that scent and lead us astray! I think we need to stand strong and do all we can to stay on that road. We can always return to our Heavenly Father. He will always guide us in the right direction and we have our Savior to help us return. He has paid the price of our sins and we just have to accept that offering. I know this to be true and I love it! I love knowing that my Heavenly Father loves me and wants me to return even if I do stray a little I can return to the right path. What an amazing blessing that is!

1 comment:

  1. I like to watch them run around all crazy too. Another good lesson could be that no matter how chaotic they get running around and around, you know eventually they'll go back to their orderly working row. I don't know how it happens, but it does. I certainly could never made sense of all that mess, but I guess something within the ants knows how to put things right again. They don't ever just sit down and bawl that now they're not in line and it's just no use. They just keep running around until it's all back to peace.

    ReplyDelete