Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Green-ish Thumb

So on june 14, 2009 I made a post about some fruit trees I had purchased. See here: trees and here: fruit So since that time I have increased my "garden" last year I added an avacado tree. I thought I had written a blog about it but I cannot find it at this time if I did. Anyway this year I added 2 tomato plants, 3 pepper plants and most recently a dwarf apple tree! I am so excited. For the most part I haven't had too much fruit come from my trees other the "fruit" link one. I got a couple more small ones like that, but not much else. Everytime it looked like I was going to get a lemon it died off, fell off got picked by a bird or small child or something. I really don't know what happened but I never got any lemons. Than someone told me it is usually not for 3 years before you really start to get any fruit.... Well here are some current pics from my plants:


 






So I am sorry I am not very good at arranging photo's and writing on the side of them etc. maybe next time one of my blogger friends and I are hanging out they can show me how to do that. I can adjust the size and move them, I can go left center or right with them but as you can tell with the tomatoes and the peppers I can't get 3 to line up together! Ugh Anyway I am not having much luck yet with the avacado tree, and the apple tree is new to me. As far as the tomatoes, mandarins and lemons, they are all over the place on their respective plant/trees. The peppes are only growing on 1/3 plants so far, but they are small pots (for now) so yeah....  that's my green thumb experience thus far

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I love gardens. My own garden (of two non-edible plants) is struggling. Alas. But your garden looks great! Hooray!

    P.S. I don't think Blogger has really great photo displaying options...

    ReplyDelete