Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Decade and a Crick in the Neck

Hello Everyone! March 29, 2010




Ok so I am 3 days late in writing this year! I was completely planning on writing on Fri and then there was some problems in my life and I didn’t get anything done I had hoped to do! I am sure you know why I am writing…. it’s my baptism anniversary! I cannot believe it has been a whole decade! 10 years! It makes me think of the Genie from Aladdin! 10,000 years will give you such a crick in the neck! This has been an amazing 10 years of my life! There have been so many amazing blessings I have received! I cannot say it hasn’t been without an equal number of trials (cricks in the neck) though! It has been especially rough this past year! But I can say that no matter what has happened to me this year I have continued to keep the faith! I have realized that no matter what happens with the gospel I can overcome it all! That is the most amazing feeling ever!

That has been the greatest blessing I have received! It’s incredible to realize the true power that is found when you know that you are a child of God! To realize the true divine destiny we each have being here as His children! It’s overwhelming sometimes! I cannot tell you how many times while in a sacrament meeting, institute or some other church activity/meeting when we sing a hymn like “I Know That My Redeemer Lives” or “How Great Thou Art” or so many others and I am just balling. I cannot even sing sometimes because the spirit is so strong and the tears are so numerous! What a blessing that has been in my life. It’s really been a testimony to me of the Savior of the Atonement and what He has suffered on my behalf! Wow! I really cannot put that into words! I’ve had many experiences like that in institute class this semester and last semester. Where Brother Manwaring will ask me a question and I cannot even answer it. I just start crying. I try so hard not to sometimes but the tears still come!

I am still serving at church as the 1st counselor in the Relief Society Presidency! I absolutely love it! It has been incredible to serve the sisters in the ward. I have had so many great opportunities to teach lessons, to visit with sisters. To meet new girls, to plan activities and to really build great friendships! I’ve gotten to welcome girls to RS at their baptisms, to welcome girls to Relief Society and just had so many great opportunities because of this calling! I love it! I love that I have gotten to serve along side an amazing sister as the RS President. She has been such an example to me. We have also had a few girls in the presidency that have moved and I miss them so much, but at the same time I love the girls serving now! It’s incredible the friendships we build. Also serving along side with what has been now two different great Stake RS Presidencies! You can never know who is going to teach you in this life! The examples of all the sisters I have served with have been great! They have all been great women and have really set good examples to me! So I want to let you all know: Laura, Janelle, Emily, Kelly and Ashley, thank you so much for being there and serving so well! You are all an inspiration to me in so many ways! I cannot explain the love I have for each of you for the people you are! I’ve loved the opportunities I have had to serve with you all! This coming Nov will actually be the start of a 3rd year for Laura and I in the presidency so there is likely a change to come! It will be so different to not be serving as the 1st counselor anymore! I have no idea what is in store for me but I am sure by this time next year my anniversary letter will be full of new experiences yet again!

This year for me has again been a big struggle! At this time last year I was about a month post-op from my 2nd knee surgery. I unfortunately had 2 knee surgeries on the same knee about 10 months apart! It has not been a fun journey for me and I am sad to say it is not a story that has ended well. I am still having knee problems but have lost my job because of the injury. I am especially sad since I cannot return to EMS work. I miss it so much! I really miss the opportunities I had to serve people on a daily basis. To be able help them, and to treat them in the ambulance. Those experiences are some I will never forget! I really wish I was feeling better and there again. But as I said I lost my job, my disability ran out and I was only temporarily qualified for unemployment so financially I’ve struggled a lot. I owe a lot to my parent’s. They’ve helped me a lot this past year and have kept me chugging along. It’s been a struggle for the entire family but I know for at least me I’ve learned a lot from it. I treasure so much more in my life now. I really have learned so many lessons. I have been looking for work since last summer. I have been trying to get a dispatcher job and have been unsuccessful, but I have also applied for several positions in customer service as well. I have applied for Costco, Target, CVS Pharmacy, Walgreen’s, and at several ambulance companies for dispatch jobs, West Hills and Los Robles Hospitals for different positions and so far I have not been hired. It is not a trial I am enjoying. I am trying to see what I am meant to learn but so far have not fully figured it out. I am sure there are more places I’ve applied but I cannot remember them all right now! I just hope something comes up soon!

It’s also been about a year and a half since I have worked in the Temple because of my knee. I really miss being an ordinance worker but I try to still go and do ordinances as often as I can. I have caught up with all the names in my file for my genealogy and have no more names to do Temple work for. But there are a lot of names I still need to obtain. There is plenty of work left for me to do and so I am excited for that! What a blessing that has been as well! I love being able to bring my own names to the Temple. To see those names on the card and know that I will be with them in the celestial kingdom someday is incredible. I can’t seem to do temple work enough, or without tears either! Its incredible!

Well as for my family, they are all doing well. Everyone has their own trials and struggles but I love that when it comes down to it we do what we can for each other. My nephews are incredible. They are now 3 ½ and 2. They are so smart and that has been one blessing of being out of work is I get to spend so much time with them. I love them so much. I love my family and that they continue to love and support me in the church! I don’t know where I would be if they didn’t! That would be a trial that would be hard to overcome. I know that I am not perfect and neither are they and so I am trying to be the best I can and not let things get to me as much. It’s really helped me to try and keep a happier focus. Life is good!

Well if you are reading this than you are special to me in some way or another! I love you all! I would normally mail this out but considering my financial situation I don’t have enough stamps right now. So I hope you will forgive me on that! Thanks so much for being my family and friends! For helping me to learn and to grow and for giving me the love and support that you do! I couldn’t make it through this life without you!





Love Always

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment